School Ethos, Values and Safeguarding
At Greenvale our primary aim and main priority is pupil achievement. Consequently we aim;
- To promote opportunities for the whole school community to enjoy and achieve. All achievement should be recognised and celebrated.
- To develop a creative, stimulating and relevant curriculum tailored to the individual needs of the learner and that motivates every member of the school community to do their best.
- To work in partnership with students, families, the multi-disciplinary team and the wider community to meet individual needs. Together as a team we can achieve the best outcomes for our young people.
- To provide a secure, safe and supportive environment to promote maximum equality of opportunity, independence, confidence and education.
The school works to foster a spirit of respect, mutual co-operation and self-motivation. We are a learning community in which all can progress and develop together, and in which students can contribute to decisions about their own learning. The school is committed to continuously improving its performance. We promote equality of opportunity for all members of our school community and actively promote and celebrate diversity.
The shared values which the school aims to develop include;
- respect for each other, students, staff and parents or carers;
- consideration and support
- equality and diversity in all aspects of school life
- enrichment and fun so that all can learn together
All of the above is incorporated into a learning environment which is first and foremost educational but is also caring and supportive and aims to make learning an enjoyable experience.
With this in place we are in the best position to ensure that Greenvale will prepare our students for adult life beyond school and enable them to achieve their full potential.