For students with Learning Difficulties and additional complex needs. Students typically work within the 5 areas of engagement to GV7. Students require a high level of structure and routine throughout the day. They focus on the development of skills such as communication, behaviour, emotional regulation, engagement, initiation and generalisations.
Students have full access to the national curriculum which is differentiated to meet the needs of each individual learner,
Students learn through different activities and experiences in all subject areas. They will develop skills in the following areas:
- Communication – symbol/verbal communication
- Emotional regulation – sensory circuits etc.
- Engagement – persistence, concentration.
- Initiation - during social structured activities, creative arts etc.
- Transitions – moving around the school.
- Generalisation – functional skills
- Independence – e.g. structured learning approach
Students will learn skills using a structured approach and be supported to transfer these skills into other situations.
Social communication and interaction groups – mixed ability communication groups provide students weekly opportunities to interact with the peers. Activities include call and response, and the use of AAC for example switch work,
Students with sensory difficulties follow a daily sensory diet which may include sensory circuits
KS4 - ASDAN Transition Challenge
KS5 - AQA Unit Awards
Each student on Glade pathway should have the opportunity throughout their time at Greenvale to experience within their classroom environment:
- Creative arts – for example music off Canvass workshops
- Community engagement – for example Step into Dance
- Physical – for example cycling
- Weekly assembly
- Termly whole school events – multi-cultural week, Red Nose Day.
Assessment areas for recording
- 5 areas of engagement (working below GV4)
- GV levels (working above GV4): English (R, W, S, L), Maths, Science, Computing, PSHE, RE, DT, PE, Music, Art, History, Geography.
- EHCP long and short term outcomes
- IEP/ILP achievement
- End of year reports
- MDT reports
- KS4 ASDAN Sensory or Intro & Progression
o Personal and physical
o Creative Arts